Sheri Tepper

Tanaquil2 at aol.com Tanaquil2 at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 10:59:36 EST 1999

In a message dated 12/15/99 5:24:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Kylie.Preisig at qed.qld.gov.au writes:

>And the True Game books are different from her
>pessimistic style.

        I forgot about these! I like these!

>Is there anyone else here who is a sucker for books that
>match?  Before my collection got too big I used to shelve them by cover
>rather than by author :)

        <laughing> when I first started buying books (about age 7, I suppose,
though not with my own money then of course) I could happily spend hours
arranging the books in this way!  They looked really nice also, with large
ones on the left sort of tapering down.  (sometimes large ones on the right
for a bit of variety.)  I still try and do that within the author blocks.  (I
have also been known to shred a paper napkin in the course of a conversation
without realizing, and then suddenly notice this extremely tidy pile of
shreds in the middle of the table--I'm not sure what precisely that says
about me, but it can't be good!)

In a message dated 12/15/99 7:08:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Jacob at Proffitt.com writes:
>>>Did you used to read under the bedclothes with a flashlight too?
>>
>>(yup, I'd read by candle light sometimes).
>
>        But not under the bedclothes I hope!  <picturing tragic scenario a
la
>Jane Eyre>

 Nope.  I used those to stuff under the door so no light would show . . .

        Aha!  more Tips I Wish I'd Known Back Then.

Max