Georgette Heyer's missing books

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 09:25:03 EST 1999

> ... in my opinion, the missing books consist of books that had better stay
> missing! Seriously, sometimes there's a good reason when books die out. Not
> always, but sometimes. I've read (or tried to read) a couple of the
> suppressed Heyers and I thought they were nowhere near as good as the
> others that survived. Barring Cousin Kate, I must add. I thought that was a
> very unworthy entry.

Agreed.  Cousin Kate is not good.  And nor, for that matter, is Royal Escape.

But I want to make the choice for myself.  And, even if they're not as good as
the rest, they're almost certainly better than a lot of the trash that people
buy these days.

Looka at it this way: Skiver's Guide and Changeover are presumable unavailable
for similar reasons.  Changeover is IMHO very good.  Skiver's guide I didn't buy
when it was available because I didn't like it having read the library copy.  I
now regret it.  Some people may think these had better stay missing - indeed for
all I know, DWJ may think that.  But others may disagree - and with the missing
Heyers, I haven't had the chance to make the judgement.

Philip.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

Nottingham, NG11 0EE, UK