kids fantasy

Nat Case hedberg at vermontel.net
Wed Dec 15 21:33:31 EST 1999

My fiancee is looking for a pair of books by the same author she read
when she was 12 which sound tantalizingly familiar, but which I can't place:

book 1 involves a sorcerer who turns his school of apprentices into a flock
of ravens, in order to hide one of them who is being claimed by his true
love, who succeeds in finding him by "power of true love."

book 2 is a selkie story--male selkie seduces the narrator's sister and
almost gets to take her away. Set in the Orkneys or Shetlands, we think.

Any leads?

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc.