dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #101

Tanaquil2 at aol.com Tanaquil2 at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 18:29:55 EST 1999

In a message dated 12/15/99 7:01:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
abhillel at hotmail.com writes:

>And remind me of a set of puffin Narnia
>chronicles that used to belong to my mother. I know I'm recalling and old
>thread, but I just realised that I also have strong preferences for certain
>covers.

        Pauline Baynes!  I love those covers, they're beautiful.

>>Elise:
>>  Don't forget - Keeper of the Hidden Theorem, also known as the Proof
>>of Doom.  The great math-phobic masses remain blissfully unaware of the
>>depraved, writhing, non-Euclidian chthonic chaos which would inundate the
>>world like seething viscous acid but for the adamant will of one lone
>>figure, steadfastly holding back unimaginably nightmarish forces and
>>allowing us to tuck up safe and placid in our beds at night.

Oh, that's YOU! Thanks!

        ROTFL

>Recent
>events in the lives of my cats include Jenny (male, part Angora, 13 yrs.
>old, huge, so beautiful he stops traffic) coming home recently with a brand
>new collar that seems to have been a gift from a secret admirer

        How do they DO that?  I should like to see Mark's face if *I* came
home with say a diamond necklace (actually, no I shouldn't)  Cats never have
to explain anything!

Max