Introductions

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Wed Dec 15 17:36:40 EST 1999

Kylie said:
> I was very dissatisfied with the choices presented at the end of that
> book!
> I didn't find any of them acceptable!

Me too. I am wondering about that anew because of this topic.  Were we
supposed to know or deduce which one she would pick?  Wasn't clear to me at
all.

> That one Tepper (drat which was it?) where the
> > woman who
> > doesn't fit in to her society sacrifices herself to become a
> > new life form -
> > what was it argh? - that one I don't think I really got over.
> >  But it had
> > lots of new ideas in it and a very new perspective.
> >

> _Grass_?

It might have been, but for some reason it is in my mind that it was on
another planet than Grass and that the book was written after the other as a
companion novel.  Aiee, the horror of vagueness!  You know, I think I do
want to read that recent one about the ocean planet where the women are
immured or something, has anyone?

Elise