Introduction

McMullin, Elise emcmullin at kl.com
Wed Dec 15 12:59:12 EST 1999

	A few days ago Philip said (I'm still catching up!):
	"The stage ends when you've read everything the library has that you
like.  Your reading of library books will then be limited by the library's
acquisitions
> budget...
> Characteristic of the second stage is of course carrying home piles of
> books
> from book shops, charity shops (thrift stores in the US I think), market
> stalls,
> etc."

	Oooh noooo!  I've always ended up moving right around the time I've
well and truly run out of interest in the remaining unread books, or even
before - this must be why I have stuck at stage one.  But there is this
enormous warehouse full of 2nd hand books not too far away from me and this
may answer for a looong time.

	Elise