dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #99

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Wed Dec 15 04:16:41 EST 1999

>         Oh, I'm so glad to hear this.  I always dread that writers,
> musicians, actors, will turn out to be obnoxious.

I know an interesting variation on this. Glyn Parry was to visit my
daughter's school and I told her it was polite to have read one of his
books beforehand. I bought her MOSH and she settled down with it.

20 mins later, she handed it to me. 'Read it,' she said.

I read the first 10 pp or so.

'What does it all mean?' she asked.

Well, I didn't know and I still don't.

Tegan went to hear Glyn Parry do his talk and came home beaming. 'He's
*much* better than his books!' she said...

Sallyo.
“I mean, an editor? Talking in clichés? How dare she!” Alister McKenzie
(KISSING COUSINS http://www.fictionworks.com/ekissingcousins.htm)