Introductions

Tanaquil2 at aol.com Tanaquil2 at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 03:21:39 EST 1999

In a message dated 12/14/99 5:56:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hallieod at indigo.ie writes:
> The Edge (U2 for non-fans), Chris De Burgh, Maeve
> Binchey and Neil Jordan are all here, and Bono is just down the road.
> Today I discovered that Michael Flatley looked for a house here too

        Now *that's* an interesting mix of neighbors!

>told that I would not be allowed to read in bed there!  Aaargh.

        Did you used to read under the bedclothes with a flashlight too?  I
read the Enid Blyton school and mystery stories that way. (and my eyes have
paid the price)
(does EB count as former guilty pleasures?)

>There is something energy-releasing about having done something which
>terrifies you, and several months after starting to post on the list, I
>signed up for a writing class

        HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Very exciting.  I also signed up for an Open University course,
>which supposedly starts in February, but we've already been given about 50
>hours of work (finished), an essay (first draft finished), the realization
>that this is going to require a much bigger letterbox and more bookshelf
>space, and the words of wisdom "time management is going to be the Monster"
>from our tutor.  It's the equivalent of half-time regular university study

        Oh, good luck with this!  It sounds like fun!

>so soon I too will be able to say I'm reading posts instead of studying -
>much more satisfying than instead of say, washing the floor!

         And that guilty feeling will add a certain spice to reading posts
too!

Happy learning!
Max