Odds and ends

Tanaquil2 at aol.com Tanaquil2 at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 13:34:57 EST 1999

In a message dated 12/14/99 12:58:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, JOdel at aol.com
writes:

>random acts of pottery.

        LOL!

>>(different post)«The darkest thing of hers (Taneth Lee) I actually,
actively
>>like is probably _Companions on the Road_.»
>
>... reputed to inspired by Avon and Villa from Blake 7...

        Oooh , I forgot about Blake's 7--you can add that to my tv favorites
list.  Is 'Companions on the Road' really inspired by it?  Cool. <adding book
to must read pile which topples and falls over narrowly missing the year-old
stack of unfiled paperwork>

>To Max; That the same Jilly Cooper who wrote "Class" (non-fiction book on
the
>contemporary British class system--funny as all get-out)?

        That's the one!  She's hilarious--lots of puns and cheekiness!   Very
human characters.  Did I mention I'm a sucker for romance?  I've only read
her 'name' books, I missed the longer ones because that's when I moved here,
and I haven't seen any of her books here (except one for children to my
surprise, called "Little Mabel's Great Escape."  Ironically, in the same
store I came across another children's book by Prince Charles called
something like "The Earl of Lochnagar".  I don't really get many children's
books in that store though...)

Bye for now!
Max