To Gili

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Tue Dec 14 07:06:50 EST 1999

Sorry to send this to the list - it bounced when I tried to send privately.

Hello, Gili,

I'm really interested in your name. Could you please give me the
pronounciation? Also - I always believed female surnames from your part of
the world were "bas" rather than "bar"... "Bar" is "son of" and "Bas" is
"Daughter of" - or so I thought. If you have a moment, would you please
explain?

My only Israeli acquaintance is named Sandra Gross ... and the surname is
that of her Polish husband.

Regards,

Sallyo. (Sally Odgers)
(My surname, BTW, is pronounced ODD -jers... you'd be surprised, perhaps,
at how many people get it wrong!)
A few steps more this morning, and he would have been gone for good and
all, washed away in the sunrise. (O'Connor's Last Stand.)
http://members.xoom.com/Sallyo/Ocon.html#O'CONNOR'S LAST STAND