Introductions

Tue Dec 14 02:14:08 EST 1999

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:44:06 -0500 (EST), deborah wrote:

> Come on, someone on the Diana Wynne Jones list has to admit to
> being a huge soap opera fan, who reads DWJ books between monster
> track rallies and makeovers.  We can't all be PBS (for
> non-Americans, snooty public television station) poster
> children.  I admit, I devour trashy romance novels.

I like Regency romances.  I don't watch PBS except for when I'm up late
enough to see the Britcoms like The Brittas Empire and that one with
Geoffrey Palmer and Judi Dench, I think it's something like As Time Goes By.
Also addicted to Waiting for God, which isn't broadcast here, and Red Dwarf
of course.  Jacob and I have a a new Monday night ritual:  we watch Ally
McBeal together.  Trashy enough for you?

I actually love TV.  I try not to turn it on often because it's too easy to
just keep watching without really thinking, and then nothing else gets done.
And if I haven't had it on for a while, when I do turn it on it seems very
loud.  I remember when it used to be a really big part of my married life,
back before I had children--what shows are we going to watch, etc.--and it's
just sort of gone away.  Jacob likes to have it on as background noise; I
can't work like that.  So there are compromises.  But I still like to watch
MASH reruns late at night....

Melissa Proffitt