Thanks for Alexlit

Courtney M Eckhardt cme at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 13 00:53:33 EST 1999

&

>opportunity to talk to my students about DWJ. I used her in a class where we
>talked about where writers get their influences and used the interview from
>Charmed Lives where she talks about the war and her realtionship with her pare
>nts
>(http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/2162/lives/charmed.html). They were

It occurred to me after reading this interview that Tom's talent in
F&H may have come from the fact that DWJ's book are always coming true
on her.

This may not be a large insight to anyone else (I am very tired and
going straight to bed after this) but I thought I would mention it to
see what y'all had to say.  (Also, I must admit to being too tired to
finish reading the interview properly, so if she's actually said that
somewhere and I've missed it, I'm sorry for bothering everyone.)

Courtney