Long time, no see.

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Sat Dec 11 10:15:04 EST 1999

Welcome back! I've only just got back myself from a month away...

Lots has happened, it seems. We have new members, and a new round or
introductions has brought some people sneaking shyly out of lurkdom...
there are way many more of us than I thought there were.

We've been talking DWJ Vs Roald Dahl and Susan Cooper - not Vs exactly, but
comparing. Nat has offered to run a kind of comparisons thing by asking us
to list our favourite authors, books etc so he/we can compute the answers
and find out where we meet and where we don't. No doubt he'll give you the
details. I would if I could, but I just wiped out 400 messages; my computer
was whining about lack of memory.

So, there's where we are at present, and it's been a good deal more lively
of late, I think.

Sallyo.
"This body was fading, back into the realms of memory from which it had
been spun..." (O'Connor's Last Stand, Dark Star Publications, 2000.)