Introduction

Fri Dec 10 13:32:06 EST 1999

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:46:30 +0200, Tarja Rainio wrote:

>Hi, I'm Tarja (pronounced Tar-ee-ah) Rainio, just turned 30 (last Thursday
>to be exact) and live in Helsinki, Finland. I study English and Comparative
>Literature at the Helsinki University and should be starting my master's
>thesis in a few months. It will be on the rewritten fairy tales by Sheri S.
>Tepper, Angela Carter and Anne Sexton, but the actual handling of the
>material is still fairly vague at this point =).

AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

This was what I *wanted* to write my honors thesis on!  My advisor
discouraged me, mainly because she knew nothing about the subject and
neither did anyone else in the English department and she thought it would
be a disadvantage to me when it came time to defend it.  I was actually
going to focus on Tanith Lee as well, though she and Angela Carter seem to
cover a lot of the same ground.  You have simply got to tell me how it turns
out!

Melissa Proffitt