Brava Melissa and Hi Amanda

Thu Dec 9 18:42:30 EST 1999

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:36:42 -0000, Amanda Farrell wrote:

>Well it's taken me a few days to reply to this but I finally got around to it. First of all, thank you to Sally and Melissa for acknowledging my presence - I was beginning to feel a little bit like running away with my tail between my legs.....! I'm new to this list and haven't had time to read all the archives what with spending my life running between theatres for what I call my career! I apologise if I was going over old ground and annoyed or offended some of you, but I wanted to share another of my favourite authors.

No, don't apologize!  It's the nature of email lists that topics re-emerge
periodically.  Actually, it helps bring up new information...if you do ever
feel like going over the archives on this one, you'll notice that I wasn't
nearly as coherent the last go-round...

> It would appear that you all know each other very well, and I feel rather as if I'm intruding.

Hah.  Double hah.  We're all just a bunch of overly gregarious people who
like to chatter.

Okay, so *I* am just an overly gregarious person, blah blah blah....

How long has this list been going?  Since April of this year, or
thereabouts?  I can't remember.  Anyway, the point is, I didn't know anyone
here until the list started...so it's all a matter of having lived in the
community.  Don't worry, you'll get there soon enough, and then you'll be
cursing the day you joined because your mailbox is overloaded.

Always speak up when you have an opinion.  I would be willing to bet that at
least one other person here will share it.

Melissa Proffitt