So...a survey

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 8 22:39:45 EST 1999

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Nat Case wrote:

> 4. books and authors (especially children's fantasy or near-fantasy
> fiction)  you find repellant, and by which you are amazed when it
> turns out friends and other basically decent people like them.

I think you've put your finger on a significant point here.
In trying to answer this one, I discover that while there are certain
books that I assume sane, rational people don't like, the relevant
assumptions are so ingrained that I can't just list them. The only way
I can find out what they are is to have some otherwise sane and
rational person claim to like them.

Paul
--
"...the greater part of my wardrobe is black... it's a sensible
 colour. It goes with anything. Well, anything black."