Introductions

Nat Case hedberg at vermontel.net
Wed Dec 8 18:38:42 EST 1999

I don't remember if I introduced myself when I joined or not. So:

I'm 34. I'm a cartographer by trade, head of production for a small map
publisher. The company is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota (USA), but
I'm in the production office in Vermont. I was divorced earlier this year
(no kids thank goodness) and am marrying an old college friend in April. As
soon as we're married, we're moving together to Minnesota. At the moment she
lives 6 hours away in New Jersey, and we're looking forward to getting rid
of that commute.

My college major was studio art. For fun I sing (mostly unaccompanied
British Isles and American stuff), dance (I'm a morris dancer, with the
Juggler Meadow Morris Men of Amherst, Massachusetts; I also contra dance,
English country dance, and occasionally ballroom/swing dance), act (I've
been working in and with a local community theater for 5 years now), write
(nothing new for a while, except for a few songs, but I have that
essay-complex lurking. End of this month, I hope). I'm a Quaker, moderate
Democrat, omnivore, and member of the Philistinian Liberation Organization,
the Cacaphony Society, the American Society of Eruditionist ("putting
America's liberal arts graduates to work") and the American Art Party..

I read all kinds of stuff, but my "home base" has long been Diana Wynne
Jones and other children's fantasy writers. Most recently, I've been reading
the playwright Wallace Shawn, who has apparently nothing to do with DWJ, and
who is intentionally deeply offensive.

I think that's all I have to say.

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc.