Brava Melissa and Hi Amanda

Amanda Farrell geminii at dial.pipex.com
Wed Dec 8 07:36:42 EST 1999

Well it's taken me a few days to reply to this but I finally got around to it. First of all, thank you to Sally and Melissa for acknowledging my presence - I was beginning to feel a little bit like running away with my tail between my legs.....! I'm new to this list and haven't had time to read all the archives what with spending my life running between theatres for what I call my career! I apologise if I was going over old ground and annoyed or offended some of you, but I wanted to share another of my favourite authors. It would appear that you all know each other very well, and I feel rather as if I'm intruding. As an avid reader of DWJ for the past 12 years ( I discovered her whilst homeless one freezing winter, hanging out in the library for warmth!) and due for my annual reread imminently, I would be very disappointed if that's the case. Please reassure me that new people are welcome even if they don't know all the gossip!
Other than that, I was delighted to read Melissa's words on Susan Cooper. I'd been thinking about how to put what I felt about her work into writing, but Melissa has beaten me to it and done it with considerable aplomb! It was great to read, well done.
Sally - I don't know if we're related, but would love to talk to you anyway.
The idea of collating information sounds great to me, and provided I'm still here, I'd love to participate. Am I right in assuming that most of this list come from USA? Any more Brits out there?
I'm looking forward to many more discussions on things both DWJ and not DWJ in the future!

Amanda