DWJ Survey

Nat Case hedberg at vermontel.net
Tue Dec 7 19:22:37 EST 1999

I'd be happy to act as compositor/assembler for this. Sounds like a lot of
fun!

Here's what I propose:

PART ONE: In which we see just exactly of whom we are speaking:

You all send me (at hedberg at vermontel.net ) a list of 10-20 each of:
1. your favorite authors (of any kind).
2. specific books that you found deeply affecting (I call this my "books
that changed me" list). Again, books may come from any category
3. books you'd recommend to a reader who likes DWJ and has never read
anything else (i.e. if you are so inclined also include obvious authors you
might assume EVERYONE has read like Lewis, Tolkien, LeGuin, etc)

PART TWO: In which we gently offer our opinions on other peoples poor taste:
I will assemble the lists, and will publish combined lists in order of
commonality of appearance. I will send out three separate lists, and ask
people to respond to the lists, by quoting the lists and interpolating their
own (brief) remarks.

PART THREE: In which fisticuffs break out across the globe:
Finally, I will send out a reorganized and sorted combined comments list (or
lists), so we can see where the disagreements are intense, and open the
discussion up generally.

How does that sound?

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc.