Brava Melissa and Hi Amanda

Tue Dec 7 16:54:28 EST 1999

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:49:37 +1100, Sally Odgers wrote:

>> DWJ shows us people at their best even when
>>they're temporarily showing their weakest sides--shows what people can be
>>and ought to strive to be.  So while I like Cooper for her realism, I like
>>DWJ because of her optimism...and for not being unrealistic at the same
>>time
>
>Brava!
>
>Well, folks, I think Melissa has hit it squarely with the wonderful piece
>of prose above. Melissa, when are you going to write a Book?

Just as soon as I'm not pregnant any more...and when I get an idea...and
when I figure out how to express that idea....

>I'm going to save that as an example of someone encapsulating something I
>feel but have never tried to describe.

Well, thanks.  I have to repeat something I said to my new online friend
Dan, after we had a very long discussion about Connie Willis that ended in
great epiphany:  Talking about books with people whose opinions differ from
my own is a much more fulfilling activity than having a big nod-fest of
agreement.  It makes you a better reader, for one thing.

I was going to add something about Harry Potter, but I think I'll start a
new message instead....

Melissa Proffitt