DWJ short stories

sheeyun at ix.netcom.com sheeyun at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 31 20:11:56 EDT 1999

Kylie's post has me champing to ask something I thought a little too unfocused for my Idle
Questions:

So what about "The Master"? I think it's a great short story, and curiously a bit HenryJameish. It
also smells to me of a genuine dream she had....

I like "The Sage of Theare", but not particularly because of Chrestomanci's presence. I like the
prophecy paradox/non-paradox. And I like the way the gods are characterized. They amuse me. :)

I have read "The True State of Affairs" only once thus far, but that's telling in itself. For me,
anyway. :) I thought it a melancholy mood piece, principally, and didn't fancy it.

I like "No. One"-- if that's its title! For the knackiness of construction, mostly. But I also
like No. One's dutifulness.

Rather similarly, I enjoyed "Warlock at the Wheel", for the warlock's discomfiture by Conditions.

Mary Ann
(very idle today!)