other authors & music

McMullin, Elise mcmullea at kl.com
Tue Aug 31 18:54:06 EDT 1999

	Nat said:
	"As an occasional singer, I actually find music often distracts me
from my
> reading. Especially music with lyrics. And the narrative shape of ballads
> is
> so different from prose or drama or anything else except maybe epic poetry
> (and that's even a stretch), I put it in a different mental box. But you
> have started a thread going in my head I want to follow, and hope others
> will too."

	Not to flog it, but give The Mirror Pool a listen.  Gerrard sings
almost 100% without words - it's impossible to describe and we are talking
seriously otherworldly - like Faery without being saccharin or cutesy in any
way.  Some of it is even frightening or wringinly sad.  Can't sum it up
well, but that's only another reason to like it.

	Perhaps someday I will develop a light touch with recommendations,
but that day is not yet :)

	Elise