other authors & music

Denise DeGraf amergin at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 31 16:24:20 EDT 1999

I haven't heard of DCD before, but I'll have to go check them out
sometime!  Personally, I find the band Jethro Tull to be very DWJ-ish at
times, and often will listen to an album while reading one of her
books.  Jethro Tull's work, for the most part, has a focus on using the
music to tell a tale, often with a strong fantasy slant.  A lyric out of
one song in particular, "Orion" always reminds me of how Dogsbody ends:
	"Your faithful dog shines brighter than its lord & master
	Your jewelled sword twinkles as the world rolls by."
Does anyone else find certain music enhances the experience of reading DWJ?

Denise