dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #70

Courtney M Eckhardt cme at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 31 10:04:41 EDT 1999

>	I also wanted to say that I think I may have been a little harsh about
>Madeleine L'Engle. I've read about four books by her, and I haven't read
>what seems to be the best one, A Wrinkle in Time. So maybe I didn't know
>what I was talking about, or I haven't read the right books by her, I don't
>know. I think I'll try to find all the authors you have mentioned, see how
>I like them.

I myself very much like Madeleine L'Engle.  I've read the major four,
as well as one or two others that I can't currently remember.  Of the
Wrinkle in Time ones, I think my favorite was the one with the
cherubim (now I can't remember what the title was!  Ack!  Must
re-read... if I can find the books in the boxes of stuff still packed
up from my recent move...), but I think my overall favorite was An
Acceptable Time.  I would reccomend this one to people who think her
characters are too distant or heroic (although I didn't think they
were at all).

Courtney

P.S. Tanaquil2, would you add me to your non-blocked list?
Thanks... :)