intro and other stuff

Sally Odgers sodgers at hotnet.net.au
Mon Aug 30 08:30:53 EDT 1999

Interested in my monthly newsletter? Details at
http://members.xoom.com/Sallyo/welcome.html
I had
> noticed that Jane Yolen as a children's author never comes up. I know
that
> she did some adult books (Briar Rose), but she also did YA fiction. I
> haven't read "Dragon's Blood" or "Heart's Blood" in a while, but both of
> them seemed to be very good. Anyone have a comment on that?

I thought these two were good, but I never reread them. I think it's
because they were pretty humourless and I don't like that. I just read
Elisabeth Mace's THE RUSHTON TREASURE, a very good little timeslip book
which hints at a rich background story. There's a lot that's never
explained, and I rather like that.

One of my books (I think it was TRANSLATIONS IN CLEADON) was compared with
DWJ's work and I was highly flattered... I suppose it was the creation and
belief theme that borught about the comment.

Sallyo.