Some thoughts on collecting

Wed Aug 18 12:13:22 EDT 1999

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:09:33 +1000, PREISIG, Kylie wrote:

>I was thinking - DWJ hardbacks crop up in every library booksale I go to.
>If people in this group are interested then when the next sale comes around
>I could purchase the ones I already own, and make them available to the
>readers of this list, for the cost of the postage.  And hopefully other
>people could do the same?  Tanaqui would of course have first dibs if I ever
>get another copy of _The Spellcoats_

I like this idea.  I don't really collect first editions, but I am trying to
get hardcover copies as a secure backup against the day when I've loaned out
my paperbacks too many times.

>And another thought - if there are keen DWJ collectors out there who want to
>increase their collections, perhaps people could post to the list when they
>see DWJ books in secondhand bookshops?  Would people be interested in that?
>Or are we too widely scattered for it to be useful?

Well, I don't know about you, but I sure get a thrill when I get a package
from somewhere overseas....

Melissa Proffitt