DWJ at the movies

Mallory Loehr mloehr at randomhouse.com
Tue Aug 17 15:06:56 EDT 1999

I absolutely agree. And Disney's Beauty and the Beast owes a lot to Robin
McKinley's BEAUTY. I guess I'd rather have them borrow from the good stuff.

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk on 08/17/99 12:45:13 PM

Please respond to dwj at suberic.net

To:   dwj at suberic.net
cc:    (bcc: Mallory Loehr/Merch/RandomHouse)
Subject:  DWJ at the movies

Hi folks!

All this talk of actors to play DWJ characters a couple of weeks ago
reminded
me...

Walt Disney's "Aladdin".  I remember watching it, years ago, and thinking,
This
owes a heck of a lot to Castle in the Air!

I claim there is major pastiche (to put it politely) going on here.  Start
with
the colour of the Genie, the character of the carpet, ...

Anyone else think the same?

Philip.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.