Covers too (WasRE: titles...)

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 13 04:21:39 EDT 1999

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Helen Scott wrote:

> > From: "Sally Odgers" <sodgers at hotnet.net.au>
> >
> > I've put up two covers at http://members.xoom.com/Sallyo/test.html
> > These are my favourite DWJ cover (one of my favourites of any
> > author, ever)

Ooh, the Hexwood cover. I'm not *entirely* sure how it fits with the
story, but it's a lovely cover anyway. ;)

> My favourite cover of all that I've seen has got to be Eight Days of
> Luke at:
> http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/2464/books/luke1.gif

Mm.

> They've been running a series of her adult books in the UK and this
> is an  example and I hate the style.  I think it makes the books
> look dull...

Really? It's less dull than the Luke cover, IMO.
And it's better than the cover for the matching edition of _Deep
Secret_.

> ... Although, theres something to be said for dull... the UK's Dark
> Lord of Derkholm makes my eyes bleed  :)

It certainly gives a whole new meaning to "dark". :)

Paul
--
"...the greater part of my wardrobe is black... it's a sensible
 colour. It goes with anything. Well, anything black."