Covers

Courtney M Eckhardt cme at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 6 03:20:17 EDT 1999

>already.  Someday I will get a nice one (like I did for Robin McKinley's
>_Beauty_; the PB has a way too pretty girl simpering at the reader, and some
>fluke with the title flourishes makes it look like she has horns!  I gave it
>away to my mother-in-law and got the trade edition, which is still not
>perfect....)

Brief lapse from topic here... I have a paperback edition of Beauty
(perhaps even the same you mention?)  with an understatedly pretty
young woman with curly auburn hair in a yellow dress standing on a
huge sprawling staircase smelling a yellow rose... I really like this
picture, actually.  (Even if it is a paperback.)  She looks serious
and intelligent, and like she's thinking and her mind's a little way
away...

Courtney