Covers too (WasRE: titles...)

Courtney M Eckhardt cme at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 6 03:15:43 EDT 1999

>>would make a striking Sophie...or perhaps a younger actress? Just my two
>>cents worth....
>
>I like Cate Blanchett a lot.  Still haven't seen _Elizabeth_ yet though.

Ooh... you *really* should.  It was excellent.  Even most of my SCA
friends didn't have complaints.

Yes, I remember now... Sophie was indeed a ginger blonde (sort of
blonde with orangey scarlet was how I always thought of it...) I think
Cate Blanchett could do the sort of shy, demure prettiness as well as
the old lady attitude very well.

(I am hampered more than a bit by not having *read* a lot of these in
so long... and no longer having access to the library I origionally
found them in and not having my own copies. :( )

Someone made a comment about the adult Millie... I distinctly remember
Cat having an impression of mousy brown hair, plainness, and plumpness
that made him conclude that she was utterly, depressingly normal,
instead of the dashing enchantress he was hoping for... and which she
in fact was.

Courtney