Covers too (WasRE: titles...)

Wed Aug 4 14:09:49 EDT 1999

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:13:26 +1000, Sally Odgers wrote:

>These are my favourite DWJ cover (one of my favourites of any author, ever)
>and the cover of my edition of The Perilous Gard. That one is so
>off-putting I nearly didn't buy the book...

I love your cover of _Hexwood_!  The US edition is downright ugly.  Mordion
looks like some kind of...I don't know what, but it's an ugly
whatever-it-is.  The cover you've got is much more like the book.

My _Perilous Gard_ is the Puffin edition trade-sized PB...it has Kate
dressed in WAAAY too fancy garb, turning away in horror or something from
the shadow of the castle behind her.  I like it only because her face
reminds me of either my cousin Jenny or the actress Jennifer Connelly, who
was the heroine in the movie _Labyrinth_ and has been in other stuff like
_Rocketman_ and _Dark City_.  If she were fair-haired, she'd be a good
Polly.

Melissa Proffitt