Covers too (WasRE: titles...)

Tue Aug 3 23:13:54 EDT 1999

>I have a paperback copy of Chamed Life that would have been a new
>printing maybe... eight years ago?  Six?  It has a picture of
>Gwendolyn (unmistakably Gwendolyn and not Janet) stading with Cat and
>the dragon in the magic garden... and somehow they didn't look the way
>they had in my mind (Gwendolyn was closer than Cat, but the dragon was
>*way* off), but it was somehow okay, because it was also right... I
>really can't explain it any better than that, I'm afriad.

I have that one too.  It was just a little too cutesy, I think.  Too much
like they were thinking "it's a kid's book, we have to make the art almost
cartoonish to appeal to kids."  Cat didn't look anything like Cat except
maybe for the expression on his face, I think.

My goodness, I seem to be posting quite a bit tonight!  When this list takes
off it really gets going....

Melissa Proffitt