dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #68

cme at MIT.EDU cme at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 3 18:33:57 EDT 1999

>jessie
>(though the Upper Room was one of the things that DWJ ought to have
>told us more about in Deep Secret...)

Hrm... correct me if I'm wrong, but I had rather gotten the impression
that she didn't say more because we weren't supposed to know more.  As
it was, we knew a little more than Nick, but it's not clear that the
living Magids actually knew much more about it than we did.

This, along with Nick's dertermination to become a Magid and to learn
more about the Upper Room and the levels beyond it, is what makes me
think there's room there for a sequel.  I think I had sent a mail
asking if other people felt the same way or if anyone had heard any
rumors or anything, but it was send during one of the dead periods,
and was a very small chunk of signal compared to all of the large
chunks of signal that have passed over the list recently, and probably
got missed...

Courtney