dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #68

jessie shelton at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Sun Aug 1 08:09:05 EDT 1999

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Tanaqui wrote:

>  Jessie and Devra were considering Them and the Upper Room.

[...]

> Our viewpoint is dead set against Them, but in awe of the Upper Room.
> I doubt any girl would find one of Them attractive, should she glimpse it.

Oh, Tanaqui, we were playing.  Someone made a remark about wondering if
all bits of the DWJ multiverse were glimpses of the same one, and I said,
oh, but you can't connect Homeward Bounders with that, and then my
backbrain provided me a glimpse of how one might do that.  'Twas merely
the folly of a moment.

Don't worry, we don't take it seriously.  (:

In other news, I'm going away for two weeks and may or may not be able to
read email.  If you see mail from me, then you know; if you don't, I'm not
sulking in a corner or taking exams.

jessie
(though the Upper Room was one of the things that DWJ ought to have
told us more about in Deep Secret...)